Expression is a powerful responsive WordPress Theme, best suited for photographers and creatives who use portfolios to effectively present their work. Expression theme is powered by the advanced Pexeto Panel, which provides tons of options to manage and modify any aspect of the theme. With all the styling options provided you can easily customize the appearance of the theme and build you own custom skin.
Dynamic AJAX Gallery (unlimited pages)
Expression includes a flexible AJAX gallery with awesome jQuery animations and effects, which comes with lots of options available for its items.
For each gallery item you have the options to:
– dynamically open a fullscreen image slider (full-width or full-height) with a nice jQuery animation, containing lots of additional images attached to the item (bulk upload – you can upload lots of images with a single click).
– open an image lightbox as image gallery attached to the item (images can be uploaded in bulk)
– play video in lightbox
– open item content in a new page
– open a custom link in a new page
Also there are lots of options the gallery provides, some of them are:
– Custom image sizes – the default image size can be changed on each gallery page. Also, for each image you can set the number of columns and rows to allocate, so you can have different layouts (landscape and portrait) and image sizes
– Unlimited gallery pages – you can create as many galleries as you need with different image sets
– Partial Loading in slider – loads images in background on portions for faster performance. Works well with big amount of images attached to a single item.
– Social Sharing – the fullscreen sliders in the gallery provide sharing options, so you can easily share your items images on the most popular social networks. By default buttons are included for Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest, however there is also an option to include custom buttons code.
– Easy slider navigation – the gallery slider images can be browsed in different ways – mouse click, mouse scroll, keyboard and touch gestures.
– dynamic AJAX category filter (can be enabled/disabled per page)
The theme is responsive, so that it fits and looks great on different size of devices – desktop, mobile phones and tablets. Also, the main gallery slider supports finger gestures, so it is very easy to navigate between the images on touch devices.
The theme includes options to change all the main colors used – you can easily build your custom skin with your favorite colors. You can see some examples here.
Additionally, the theme comes with 34 different background patterns that you can choose from and if you would like to use your own custom background, the theme also provides an option to upload your own background pattern image or full width background image.
The theme provides a friendly user interface to implement Cufon Font replacement and Google API Fonts. For the Cufon font replacement you can either use one of the fonts that the theme comes with or upload your own custom font. For the Google Fonts we have created a section where you can enable as many fonts as you like just by adding the URL the API provides. You can check out the font management section here
Retina Display Optimizations
We have included retina display optimizations for all the main graphics used in the theme. Also, the theme provides an option to set a custom logo image for retina displays.
3 Additional Sliders Included (unlimited usage)
Expression also includes three different sliders that can be included on separate pages – a Full-width slideshow page which displays the images in the full width of the window, a Full-height slideshow page which displays the images in the height of the window and a Nivo slider, which comes with lots of different animation effects and can be used in standard pages with additional content below.
Advanced Styling Buttons
The theme includes an unique set of buttons that allow you to directly insert the styled content into your editor area. In this way, you can easily organize your content while creating it without having to save and preview your page with every change you do.
Adobe Lightroom Integration
The WP/LR Sync service can be used to publish / export your photos and collections from Lightroom to WordPress and to keep them synchronized. Jordy Meow, the creator of WP/LR Sync has recently released a Pexeto Theme extension that adds support for our themes to the WP/LR Sync service – with this extension enabled, the portfolio items (and their categories) in Expression will be synchronized with your Lightroom (photos, collections, and collection sets). Please note that the WP/LR Sync service does not come with the theme and has to be purchased separately.
The theme comes with a detailed documentation, which includes examples, screenshots and all the main instructions you will need to customize your site. Additionally, we have included a “Beginners” section which includes some helpful links about working with WordPress and instructions about what steps to follow when setting the theme.
This theme supports the WordPress classic editor only and a major part of its elements rely on the classic editor. This requires installing the Classic Editor plugin.
Other Key Features
- Post Formats Support, including the following formats:
- Standard Post – including a featured image in the header
- Video Post – including a video in the header
- Gallery Post – including a slider in the header
- Unlimited Sidebars – dynamic sidebar generation functionality
- SEO section included, allowing you to add key words, change title structure, exclude pages from indexation, etc.
- Easy page layout changing – for each page you can choose between:
- Right Sidebar
- Left Sidebar
- Easy theme translation – all the custom words used within the theme can be very easily changed from the admin panel. We have also included a .po file if additional languages will be used.
- Easy logo replacement with retina display support
- Separate portfolio section
- WordPress 3.0 Custom Menu Support
- jQuery Tabs
- AJAX contact form
- Sociable Icons section in header
- Comments with reply functionality (multiple levels depth)
- Multi level drop-down menu
- Lost of styled elements included
- PSD Files included
- A bonus widget included – Portfolio Posts Loader displaying the latest items in the sidebar
- Works and looks similar in all major browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome
- Version 1.4.7:
– Fixed some compatibility issues with the upcoming WordPress 5.5, including:
- Portfolio gallery not working
- Full-width/full-height sliders not working
- Nivo slider not working
- Error when adding new sidebars/header social icons in options panel
- Editing nivo slider slides does not load the saved description
– Implemented support for the WordPress 5.5 sitemaps feature, including:
- Made the nivo slider post types non-public so they are not added to the sitemap
- Added a section under Expression Options -> General -> SEO -> WordPress 5.5+ sitemaps allowing you to customize the portfolio items added to the
sitemaps. In this section you can exclude items from sitemaps based on their type and also disable the portfolio
category taxonomy sitemap.
– General code improvements
- Version 1.4.6:
– Fixed some compatibility issues with the upcoming WordPress 5.3:
* Fullscreen slider and portfolio slider images squished/mispositioned
* Nivo slider animations not working properly
* Options panel select elements broken styles
- Version 1.4.5:
– Preparation for WordPress 5.0: Make the Classic Editor plugin required by default. The theme supports the classic editor only and a major part of its elements rely on the classic editor. You can learn more in this article.
– Load the gallery YouTube and Vimeo lightbox video players over https
– Minor bug fixes
- Version 1.4.4:
– Add support for the WordPress 4.9.6 comment form cookie checkbox
- Version 1.4.3:
– Removed the Envato Toolkit Library that handles automatic updates due to the retirement of the old Envato API (that Envato Toolkit uses). Implemented a script to install the Envato Market Plugin, which is the new tool to install automatic updates
from the dashboard. For more information please refer to the Updates section of the documentation.
- Version 1.4.2:
– Fixed: issue with tabs and accordion elements with WordPress 4.5
– Code improvements
- Version 1.4.1:
– Updated PrettyPhoto to version 3.1.6
– Improved: Made the custom theme editor buttons always visible regardless of the Toggle Toolbar button state
- Version 1.4.0:
– Improved: Replaced Timthumb image resizing script with the Aqua Resizer script
– Improved: Replaced the image upload functionality with a Media Library image select
– Improved: The performance of the update notifier functionality in the admin panel
– Improved: Contact form – added a sender email option to avoid messages failing to be sent due to the Yahoo DMARC reject policy
– Other general improvements and minor bug fixes
- Version 1.3.1:
– Improved: the additional styles are now printed into the head of the document, instead of loading them as a separate file – this will improve the performance of the page load
– Improved: blog posts query code
– Improved: the format of the documentation – now it is easier to navigate with the table of contents always displayed on the left of the page
– Updated the Envato WordPress Toolkit Library for the automatic theme updates
– Fixed: a warning message on the Nivo slider sometimes displayed under some circumstances
- Version 1.3.0:
– Fixed some compatibility issues with the upcoming WordPress 3.9:
- Full-width slideshow page fix: after clicking on the fullscreen button,
the first image of the slideshow always displayed instead of
the current image
- Improved the appearance of the theme’s dialogs in the admin panel on WordPress 3.9
- Other minor fixes
– Implemented a Custom Order functionality to the Portfolio section ( Portfolio » Custom Order section) that allows
reordering the portfolio items by dragging and dropping them
– Fixed: a horizontal scrollbar displayed in the gallery slider preview on Firefox
– Improved the way YouTube and Vimeo videos are added with the content editor buttons –
now they are added via shortcodes that use the default WordPress embed functionality
– Fixed: fullscreen slideshows caption displayed over the mobile drop-down menu
– Fixed: a bug with the color picker display in the editor dialogs
– Other various code/style improvements and minor bug fixes
- Version 1.2.3:
– Fixed the rotation of the gallery slider arrows for the next/previous project
– Fixed some minor style issues in the admin with the upcoming WordPress 3.8
– WooCommerce improvements – added a woocommerce.php template to fix some layout and style issues
– Updated Timthumb to the latest version
– Fixed a style issue with the Nivo slider when it is added into the content of a full-width page
– Other minor bug fixes and code improvements
- Version 1.2.2:
– Fixed a style issue with the dialogs in the admin with the upcoming WordPress 3.6
– Added an Instagram icon to the header social icons set
– Updated the Menu instructions – included instructions for WordPress 3.6
– Portfolio Posts Loader widget – set the thumbnail image to be automatically generated from the gallery images of the portfolio item when a featured image is not set to the item
– Other minor bug fixes and code improvements
- Version 1.2.1:
– Fixed a small issue about the number of the images that is displayed on the item in the gallery not being correct when the images are not attachments of the portfolio item.
- Version 1.2.0:
– Added support for the new WordPress 3.5 gallery management functionality to the grid gallery portfolio items. With this update the main way to add images to the items is by using the WordPress gallery functionality. You can read more about the changes in this article
– Added an option to load a Nivo slider within the content of a page/post by using a slider that is created from the Expression -> Nivo Slider section
– Social sharing in gallery sliders – when sharing an item, by default the featured image of the item is shared. With this update, if you don’t set a featured image to the item, the first image of the default item image set will be shared
– Updated Timthumb to the latest version
– Updated the instructions in the documentation for the new WordPress 3.5
– Small code improvements
- Version 1.1.0:
– Implemented descriptions for images in the fullscreen slideshow pages
– Child theme support: the initial release of the theme included child theme support for all the main styles and all the page templates. In this update we have also included child theme support for all the functions used in the theme.
– Implemented improvements into the PrettyPhoto lightbox plugin for mobile devices – now images are displayed to the full size of the screen on mobile devices.
– Added a 500px icon to the default icons set
– Added options to change the default texts in the contact form message
– Added featured image and description to pages when they are shared/liked on Facebook (before only posts and portfolio items had this functionality included)
– Code improvements and small issues fixes
Thanks for the great resources to:
Check out our other products:
Premium WordPress Themes
Purchase the Singe item from above, or To get access (download access) to this item and all items of our website, select and get a Premium Membership Plan and get access to all items of our website. Already a Premium Member? Log In